Friday, September 15, 2006

The Inspection

The morning after I head to Keturah for a first look around. The owners are stil living on her, so it is not too comfortable to poke around. However, I manage to take one first good look at the interiors, storage lockers, heads and galley, electricals.
Just as it showed in the pictures everything is neat and tidy, and not just the interior, but also all the wiring and pipes are neatly organized and spotless. The electrical system is quite simple and most cables run in accessible places. Flares expired in 1989, but it was in account that most of that stuff would have to go or be serviced. The two EPIRB buoys are also pretty old, but it doesn't mean they won't work, and I'll get a third brand new one just to make sure.
The rigging is good, a few missing cotter pins, but it's all good, can't really complain of any integrity flaw.
I am tired and although I should be mercilessly ripping through it all, I can't help feeling like I'm intruding into the private life of two old folks, and so I go back on D'urville to rest a while. Too tired to do anything else, off to sleep.

No comments: